Following is GAB’s plan to help keep you and your family, our staff and the community safe from the potential spread of COVID-19. Plans include the following elements, adapted from the CDC, State and local Boards of Health and the USAG. It is a living document and plan, updated regularly.
Update June 15, 2021: The Commonwealth has adopted the CDC guidance that all fully-vaccinated individuals no longer need to wear masks when indoors. They further recommend that unvaccinated individuals continue to wear a face covering indoors. GAB is encouraging everyone to follow these recommendations, but ultimately we will leave it up to individual families and staff. We respect the personal and private health choices of each other and our staff and we kindly ask that our customers do the same.
• Staff follow the State’s Illness Policy and stay home if any symptoms are present. Symptoms may include: fever (>100.4 degrees), cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, and new loss of taste or smell.
• Staff wash/sanitize hands frequently.
• Staff are trained on all sanitization and distancing protocols.
• The facility continues to be professionally cleaned daily with approved disinfectants and sanitizers with a deeper emphasis on surfaces.
• Staff will continue to regularly clean and sanitize mats & equipment throughout the day.
• Hand sanitizing dispensers are located throughout the gym.
• Multiple air circulation units that filter out bacteria and viruses continue to be employed.
• Students are encouraged to bring water bottles for hydration.
• Students are encouraged to wash and sanitize their hands regularly.
• Families and students should not enter the facility if either they or a household member has had onset of illness or symptoms compatible with suspected or lab-confirmed COVID-19 in the prior 14 days.
• Partner activities are kept to a minimum.
• Props are cleaned and sanitized regularly (i.e. bean bags, scarfs, etc.).
• Equipment has been moved, modified or removed in order to create ample space.
• Disinfecting sprays and wipes along with a trash can are positioned at each station allowing for efficient wipe downs.
• Students will not use a communal chalk bucket.
• GAB will be diligently following a cleaning procedure and schedule, with staff logging cleaning events.
• GAB has developed protocols for working with public health to notify staff, students and their families if the organization learns a participant or staff member has been infectious to others while at GAB.
− Will maintain confidentiality of the infected person.
− Will consult the local health department for guidance on specific situations.