Following is GAB’s plan to help keep you and your family, our staff and the community safe from the potential spread of COVID-19. Plans include the following elements, adapted from the CDC, State and local Boards of Health and the USAG. It is a living document and plan, updated regularly.
Update August 25, 2021: Beginning Thurs, Sept 9, we are asking that all customers and staff without a face covering exemption wear one. Face covering exemptions are for those under 5 yrs old along with individuals for whom a face covering creates a health risk or is not safe because of any of the DPH’s listed medical conditions or circumstances.
In addition, all GAB Classes have been designed to promote a healthy environment and mitigate risk. Below is how we’re making that happen.
• Staff follow the State’s Illness Policy and stay home if any symptoms are present. Symptoms may include: fever (>100.4 degrees), cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, and new loss of taste or smell.
• Staff wash/sanitize hands frequently.
• Staff are trained on all sanitization and distancing protocols.
• The facility continues to be professionally cleaned daily with approved disinfectants and sanitizers with a deeper emphasis on surfaces.
• Air Quality is constantly tested and monitored to ensure an exceptional Particulate Matter measurement.
• Staff will continue to regularly clean and sanitize mats & equipment throughout the day.
• Hand sanitizing dispensers are located throughout the gym.
• Multiple air circulation units that filter out bacteria and viruses continue to be employed.
• Students are encouraged to bring water bottles for hydration.
• Students are encouraged to wash and sanitize their hands regularly.
• Families and students should not enter the facility if either they or a household member has had onset of illness or symptoms compatible with suspected or lab-confirmed COVID-19 in the prior 14 days.
• Partner activities are kept to a minimum.
• Props are cleaned and sanitized regularly (i.e. bean bags, scarfs, etc.).
• Equipment has been moved, modified or removed in order to create ample space.
• Disinfecting sprays and wipes along with a trash can are positioned at each station allowing for efficient wipe downs.
• Students will not use a communal chalk bucket.
• GAB will be diligently following a cleaning procedure and schedule, with staff logging cleaning events.
• GAB has developed protocols for working with public health to notify staff, students and their families if the organization learns a participant or staff member has been infectious to others while at GAB.
− Will maintain confidentiality of the infected person.
− Will consult the local health department for guidance on specific situations.