Following is GAB’s plan to help keep you and your family, our staff and the community safe from the spreading of COVID-19. Plans include the following elements, adapted from the CDC, State and local Boards of Health and the USAG. It is a living document and plan, updated as we learn more.
• Staff follow the State’s Illness Policy and stay home if any symptoms are present. Symptoms may include: fever (>100.4 degrees), cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, and new loss of taste or smell.
• Staff wash/sanitize hands frequently.
• Staff wear masks and adhere to all local Board of Health PPE requirements.
• Staff are trained on all sanitization and distancing protocols.
• The facility continues to be professionally cleaned daily with approved disinfectants and sanitizers with a deeper emphasis on surfaces.
• Staff will increase their regularity and attention to sanitizing mats & equipment and disinfecting surfaces such as door handles and counters, throughout the day.
• Hand sanitizing dispensers are located in an increased number of spots throughout the gym, with a focus at the bars.
• Multiple air circulation units that filter out bacteria and viruses continue to be employed.
• The water fountain is shut off, and students are required to bring water bottles.
• Students are encouraged to wash hands at home before coming to the facility.
• Students are directed to sanitize hands before, during and after class using sanitizing stations.
• Families and students should not enter the facility if either they or a household member has had onset of illness or symptoms compatible with suspected or lab-confirmed COVID-19 in the prior 14 days.
• Students age 2 yrs and over must wear a mask in the facility.
• Families must adhere to all Massachusetts Travel Restrictions.
Entering and Exiting the Building
• Families will use separate entrance and exit to control flow and spacing.
− Entrance is the door located underneath the red awning, indicated by a green arrow.
− Exit door is located 20 feet down, indicated by a red arrow.
• Parents are encouraged to drop-off their students and not stay in the lobby.
• A GAB Staff members help to facilitate students entering and exiting the building.
− Preschool age students must be accompanied to and from the door by a parent or guardian.
− Students K-3rd grade, a parent or guardian must be seen and acknowledged by the door attendant before leaving and allowing the student to continue to the entrance and before the student is allowed to exit the facility.
− Students grades 4+ may walk to and from the doors unaccompanied by a parent or guardian.
• Only 1 parent per student are allowed in the facility.
• Where necessary, class entry and exit times have been staggered with breaks in between to allow for safe distancing drop-offs and intermediary cleaning.
• Contactless interactions are encouraged.
• Clear Face Shield utilized for Office personnel safety.
• Physical distancing of 6 ft will be observed in the lobby area.
• Parents must wear masks and should remain 6 ft apart from others.
• Parents of morning classes are allowed to view their students from the lobby unless deemed unsafe by GAB Staff, at which time other accommodations will be implemented.
• Parents of afternoon classes are given permission to stay in the lobby and watch their students on a limited basis. For busier time blocks, sign-up genius will be used to request a time to view your student’s class.
• Siblings are not allowed in the lobby.
• Students will remain six feet apart where applicable and feasible.
• Partner activities are kept to a minimum.
• Props are used sparingly and sanitized between uses (i.e. bean bags, scarfs, etc.).
• The Ball Pit is temporarily closed-off.
• Staff will avoid direct physical contact with students wherever possible (i.e. no high-fives or hugs), and will only spot on a limited basis.
• A traffic pattern map will be used by staff to create a safe flow throughout the gym space, with floor markings and dividing lines when necessary.
• Equipment has been moved, modified or removed in order to create enough space for distancing requirements.
• Disinfecting sprays and wipes along with a trash can are positioned at each station allowing for efficient wipe downs after use.
• Chalk use will be at a minimum and students will not use a communal chalk bucket.
• GAB will be diligently following a cleaning procedure and schedule, with staff logging cleaning events.
• GAB has developed protocols for working with public health to notify staff, students and their families if the organization learns a participant or staff member has been infectious to others while at GAB.
− Will maintain confidentiality of the infected person.
− Has developed plans for temporary closure of the facility and cancel programming to properly disinfect and ensure other students or staff are not infected.
− Will consult the local health department for guidance on specific situations.
• GAB holds staff training sessions on executing and running classes and practices while social distancing, role playing and practicing operations.